International day of women’s rights
Conference “New sciences of their kind”
Monday, 10th of march 2014 at the CNRS
CNRS, campus Gérard- Mégie – Paris 16 – Auditorium Marie-Curie
This exceptional conference reflecting the international days of women’s right is organized by la Mission pour la place des femmes au CNRS, the Mission for interdisciplinary of the CNRS, the Groupement d’Intérêt Scientifique “Institut du Genre” and the Institute for human and social sciences at the CNRS. The idea of this meeting is to honour the scientific women, notably with a career at CNRS, organized as round-table talks and held by women.
Programme for the Round-Table Talks, held by Françoise Moos, biologist, DR of merit at CNRS of, expert at the Mission for women’s places at CNRS :
Dialogue between SHS and biological and medical sciences from 10.00h to 12.00 h
– Eric Vilain, professor for human genetics, for pediatrics and urology at the University of California, Los Angeles, director of the Institute for Society and Genetics and of the Epigenetic laboratories (EPIPODO, UMI 3663 CNRS-UCLA)
– Ilana Löwy, historian of science, DR INSERM at the research centre for medicine, sciences, health, mental health, and sociely (CERMES3, UMR 8211 CNRS-INSERM-EHESS-Université Paris Descartes)
– Cristel Portes, linguist, MCF at the laboratory for wording and language (LPL, UMR, 7309 CNRS-Aix-Marseille University), and Nayla Emile Matar,oto-rhino-laryngolist, assistant head of the clinic, service for oto-rhino-laryngology, Faculty of Medicine of the University Saint-Joseph, Lebanon
– Donna Mergler,Emeritus Professor of Biological Sciences, Interdisciplinary Research Centre on Biology, Health and Environment (CINBIOSE) at the University of Québec in Montréal
– Extract of the documentary of Véronique Kleiner co-produced by CNRS Images “Why are women smaller than men? “ and “Tall and Small”.
← Previous newsNext news →